Udaipur. Re-emphasizing the need for road safety awareness among the people to build a collision-free India, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India’s (HMSI) National Road Safety Awareness Campaign reaches Udaipur in Rajasthan.
The three-day camp at Government Meera Girls College in Udaipur witnessed spirited participation from over 2,500 girls and staff members who set out to imbibe the safe riding practices. HMSI’s road safety instructors utilized age-appropriate road safety learning programs to enhance the retention of road safety awareness among all.
Speaking on HMSI’s commitment towards sensitizing India on road safety, Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Operating Officer - Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India said, “Road safety education is essential for developing a road safety mindset. Continuing to further strengthen our commitment of building a safer India on roads, we have resumed our on-ground road safety training - National Road Safety Awareness Campaign. With this campaign, we aim to cultivate the right road safety habits amongst the new and upcoming riders in understanding the importance of using the roads safely.”
Honda’s National Road Safety Awareness program made learning fun yet scientific through:
1. SCIENTIFICALLY DEVISED LEARNING MODULE: Honda’s skilled instructors set the foundation with theory sessions on road signs & markings, driver’s duties on road, riding gear & posture explanation and safe riding etiquettes.
2. PRACTICAL LEARNING: A special training activity on Honda’s virtual riding simulator was executed for all to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding.
3. INTERACTIVE SESSION: Participants were given danger prediction training known as KikenYosoku Training (KYT) which helps in enhancing rider/driver’s sensitivity to danger and ensures safe driving action on roads.
4. EXISTING DRIVERS HONING RIDING SKILLS:Students & school staff members who are already existing riders tested & honed their riding skills through slow riding activities and riding on narrow planks.
5. LEARNING IN A FUN WAY: To ensure that the young students could learn more about road safety, Honda also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis