Aloor Chop is a different Flavor dish, much more famous in Westbengal and Orissa. aloor Chop goes very well with Mudhi Makha Or Ghuguni.
If you ever go to Orissa please Try combination of Aloor chop with Ghughuni at street food .
For Aloo Masala
Oil – 3 Tsp
Onion – ½ Chopped
Ginger garlic – 1 Tbs
Turmeric – 1/4th TSP
Kashmiri Red chili Powder – ½ TSP
Coriander Powder – ¼ TSP
Cumin Powder – ¼ TSP
Chat Masala – ½ TSP
Potatoes – 3 No (Boiled And Mashed )
Fresh Chopped Coconut – ¼ Cup
Salt -1 TSP
Gram Flour – 100 GM
Rice Flour – 2 Tbs
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – ¼ Tsp
Baking Powder – ¼ Tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ Tsp
Ajwain – ¼ Tsp
Salt – ½ Tsp
Water for Mixing Batter
Oil for frying
1. In a kadai heat 3Tsp oil and sauté half onion, when onion turns translucent add ginger and garlic chopped.
2. Sautee until it turns golden brown.
3. Add turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and chat masala. Sauté on low flame.
4. Add chopped coconut and sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Add mashed boiled potato and mix well.
6. Take a small ball sized potato mixture and flattened slightly.
7. Deep in besan batter and coat uniformly, deep-fry in hot oil.
8. Once Aloor chop turns golden brown drain over kitchen paper.
9. Enjoy your Aloor chop with Aam Kasundi
10. You can have it with Mudhi . Mixed with chopped cucumber, coconut, chopped onion, and green chili.